How Liberty Latin America Revamped to Cloud BSS
Liberty Latin America (LLA) has made its mark with an aggressive acquisition strategy meant to position the company as the leading integrated mobility and broadband provider in the Caribbean and Latin American region. The idea of a common business support system (BSS) architecture underpinned LLA’s acquisition strategy from the start, but its choice of a cloud-first platform comprised of TM Forum Open API-compliant components operating in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud marks a significant break from past ways of delivering, managing and paying for BSS.
Read this report to understand:
- Why LLA’s acquisition strategy depends on its new approach to BSS
- Why communications service providers (CSPs) want to replace costly customizations with pre-built minimum viable products
- How Agile, DevOps and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) change the way IT engages business units
- How LLA is partnering with Salesforce; Vlocity, a Salesforce company; Matrixx Software; and Aria Systems to create a streamlined, modular BSS architecture hosted in the AWS cloud
- Steps LLA is taking to turn operating company CEOs into BSS transformation evangelists