Valentine’s Day is around the corner and most of us fall into one of the following categories: 1) In a relationship and gifts/dates have been purchased/planned for weeks; 2) In a relationship but you don’t care to celebrate the holiday; or 3) Single and avoiding every drugstore greeting card and seasonal gifts section.
Then there are those of us who fit somewhere in between. Perhaps, like me, you’re in a relationship but just haven’t found the time or have no clue what to give for a gift. Or maybe you’re dating someone but unsure of whether it’s closer to casual or serious so you don’t want to come off too strong or not strong enough.
Luckily for all you last minute shoppers there are a handful of gifts you can purchase immediately without leaving the house , ranging from sweet and serious to casual and fun. But to make your gift even more memorable, go beyond traditional gift giving practice and give a gift they’ll thank you for all year, not just on Valentine’s Day.
Here’s a list of gifts you can give this weekend but enjoy year-round. Regardless of which category you fall (or almost fall) in, there’s no going wrong with the gift that keeps on giving.
- Beauty in a Box: There are tons of beauty products on the market. Avoid choosing the wrong item and gifting something she’ll never use by giving the gift of a beauty box. For $10/month, companies like Ipsy send monthly goody boxes filled with different brand and product samples for her to test and keep.
- Flowers Just Because: What woman wouldn’t appreciate fresh flowers just because? Fill her vase with a variety of flowers each moth with subscription services from companies like Flower Muse. You choose the flower type, she enjoys the beauty.
- Wine at Her Door: After a long day, there’s nothing like unwinding with a glass of wine in hand. Make sure she always has a variety to choose by giving her a monthly membership to a wine club, where bottles of the top wine are delivered to her doorstep.
- Jewelry on Demand: When it comes to jewelry, surprises aren’t always best. In this case, it’s better to let a professional stylist help you out. Stylists at companies like Mynt Box select jewelry and accessories every month based on her style for her to keep.
- Games with Friends (or Strangers): If your guy is like mine, he loves his video games… but he doesn’t love paying for the membership that allows him to play with friends and other gamers. Give him a membership and he’ll be happy for at least a year.
- Razor Sharp Looks: Shaving, in any capacity, is part of a man’s life – whether he considers facial hair an art or shaves it completely. Save him the time and money spent purchasing the products and get the goods delivered to his door with a subscription to one of these shaving clubs.
- Geek Out: Don’t just embrace his inner geek… let him know you support it! Watch him literally geek out over the goodies that come in the mail. Companies like Loot Crate offer monthly deliveries to tickle the gamers and geeks.
- A Brew for You: It’s like a beer bouquet! If he’s a brew man, he’ll gladly welcome the variety beer bucket every month. With different world-class draft beers in his fridge, he’ll be the envy of his friends while you enjoy your perch on the pedestal.
- Music for the Soul: Music is powerful and there are few things more annoying than commercial interruptions when you’re in the zone jamming to your favorite songs. Give a premium membership to streaming services like Spotify and make it extra special by pre-loading playlists for your favorite person.
- Couch Potatoes: There will be a day (or days) where all you want to do is curl up and watch a good show or movie. Don’t depend on cable schedules or get stuck with commercials. Go for a product like Roku, which offers access to 200,000+ movies and TV episodes on demand, so you can be couch potatoes together whenever you want.
Valentine’s Day is just that… a day. Break tradition and celebrate every day.